You want to sell your College Station house, and you want to get top dollar.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in College Station“?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for top dollar:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below, or don’t have the time or money to do the things below, you can still sell your College Station house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and expense.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Even vacant houses get dusty and dirty, so keep it up! Nothing short of gleaming perfection will impress buyers. If you’re not a total clean freak, hire someone who is to help you out until you sell.
Consider finding somewhere else to live while you show your house if you’re a slob. Maybe you can bribe your cleanest friend to trade houses with you? Seriously, keeping everything immaculate really helps buyers feel comfortable in your space. Nothing stops people from buying quicker than feeling grossed out.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. You don’t have to paint everything off-white. In fact, some subtle colors can really help change the perception of spaces – for example, a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep (but be careful, dark colors will also make rooms feel small).
Subconsciously, people will pay more money for a property with just the right colors and very neat lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just paint. Spend the money to get high-quality paint and professional help.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t neglect the outside and just do the inside, or anything else that’s unbalanced.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. As a seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the purchaser. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might just pull out and replace again. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
Hiring a home inspector to come over and inspect the property before putting it on the market is usually a smart move. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a tiny rate to come back after you’ve done a bunch of minor repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of the house – it makes them feel very comfortable with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. Make sure not to make the big mistake of over-improving property the way many homeowners do. They often spend too much money on customized frills that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is really the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
You can avoid wasting money by taking time to find out about specific improvements that will produce a return on investment.
5) Get expert opinions. There are expert real estate brokers who can help you put a price your property, and you should definitely find at least a few decent ones. If you have intentions of marketing the property on your own, don’t make enemies by lying about your intentions. Great brokers are rare, but they make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, great brokers earn their value by doing marketing and by spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re ahead of the pack.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in College Station – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the College Station area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your College Station TX House Fast?
Not everyone can do the thingd or want to do the things required to sell their houses at full retail value although, everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale…
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND waiting 3-9+ months’ to sell your house doesn’t seem like eternity… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... Our local College Station home buyig service may be your perfect fit… You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in College Station“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near College Station, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.
We’d like to make you a fair offer on your College Station house
Give us a call anytime at (979) 431-1663 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>