Are you thinking about selling your College Station home? Most likely, you are going to have some competition. It may require a little work, but in the long run, a little work can get your house sold fast! Texas Direct Home Buyers has put together some great tips on how to set your home apart when you are ready to sell in College Station.
Address The Senses
When deciding to make an offer on your home or not, potential buyers subconsciously use all five senses to make the decision. You may want to impress them with the appearance of your home, but you should also consider what these potential buyers will hear, smell, taste, and touch.
- What they hear… play soft background music during open houses. You can choose the music depending on where you live. You can play something more current if your neighborhood is a younger, trendy neighborhood. If it’s an older neighborhood, playing classical, big band, and the likes can be a great choice.
- What they smell… don’t use overpowering fragrances in your home. You don’t want to drive people away before seeing your home, so be careful with your fragrance choice. Some people are sensitive to smell, and with that in mind, consider using a generally pleasing fragrance. If you choose to use a candle or incense, keep it a light, mild fragrance. Vanilla or Citrus are popular choices that won’t be too harsh on your guest’s noses.
- What they taste… as mentioned above, the smell of cookies or fresh bread is universally enticing. Coincidentally, you may have baked some cookies or some other light but delicious hors do’oeuvres. People may forget the color of your crown molding, but they will surely remember the taste of the best brownie they ever ate.
- What they touch… your potential buyers may not physically touch many items in the home, but the things they do touch should feel great. Make the door knobs, cabinet handles, glasses, and faucet handles feel good to your prospective buyers. Likewise, you can use a fluffy, comfy throw blanket on the sofa. Make it look beyond comfortable by adding oversized feather pillows. Think of a big star hotel and add those touches to your home.
Make it A Party Instead of Another Boring Open House
Many open houses are the same, and it is possible that your potential buyers have already been to a few of them. Give your guests a memorable experience by making your open house more of a BBQ by hosting it in the afternoon, or a cocktail party by hosting it in the evening. Apart from making the open house memorable to your guests, it will also allow them to get a sense of what living in the home will really feel like.
Entertaining friends, serving great food, and creating fun within the home so that people don’t want to leave is a great way to sell your College Station home fast!
Focus on Your Curb Appeal
The exterior of your home will determine whether or not people even walk into your house. The saying, “don’t judge a book by its cover” is true, but is not applicable to home buying. This is your first impression, and the first opportunity to make buyers fall in love with your home.
- Mow the lawn, weed the garden, and keep it regularly maintained.
- If necessary, paint by yourself, because by doing so, you will save yourself a lot of money and completely revitalize a worn out facade.
- Repair cracked sidewalks and porches and tend to any boards that may have popped up.
- Make sure the furniture is clean, rust free and flows with the exterior of the home.
- Fix your fixtures. Mailbox, door knobs, address numbers should all look clean and bold.
Don’t Take It Personal…
You want to make your home feel like a home by making it attractive and pleasant, but people will feel as if they are intruding if they see all your personal items, such as vacation pictures on the fridge, or a stack of your paperwork on the desk. Pick up the clutter and personal items, and hide it all away while buyers are in your home.
Are you ready to sell your College Station home? Texas Direct Home Buyers can help with creative marketing techniques! Fill out this form to send us a message, or give our office a call today! (979) 431-1663