Do you have a College Station TX house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many folks going through the TX foreclosure process really want to get out from under that burdensome house and wonder if they can sell the house in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but you can usually sell your property prior to foreclosure. The sooner you start, the better.
Selling Your College Station House In Foreclosure – How it works
Over the past few years, countless people in College Station have been victims of foreclosure at one time or another. Due to the instability of the economy, many banks have adjusted the way that they handle a foreclosure
Keep in mind that the bank carrying your mortgage has the most to gain by helping you avoid foreclosure, and that’s why the bank typically doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. Nevertheless, having to work with banks during a foreclosure process is not as easy as it seems. Thankfully, after years of experience from working with banks to stop different foreclosure processes, we’ve acquired a few useful tricks for you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Make sure you let them know you’re not relenting in your efforts to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Be careful not to be overly dramatic in explaining your situation. Remain calm. Showing a sense of responsibility in your willingness to fix the problems goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Don’t rely on only one option. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Every bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. The clock keeps ticking. The more time you waste, the further behind you become on payments, and there will be less options available to you.
If you’re looking to sell your College Station house in foreclosure fast, call us now.
It is our job to help homeowners around College Station and the state of TX get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In some situations, we can come to an agreement with the bank, have them reduce the amount you owe, and sometimes even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near College Station, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.
Give us a call at (979) 431-1663 anytime
or fill out the form over here today! >>